Engine Rebuild Technician – Houston, TX
Engine Rebuild Technician is a responsible, qualified and motivated technician with ability to diagnose, disassemble and assemble, overhaul, repair, and rebuild diesel and natural gas engines. CAT Series of engines such as C9, C15, C18, 3400 & 3500 series engines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete all aspects of specific related work without direct supervision, including natural gas and diesel engine overhauls, troubleshooting and diagnosis of diesel and natural gas generator sets, electronic controls and instrumentation.
- Inspect engines and mechanical equipment: diagnose problems and determine extent of necessary repairs;
- Boroscope engines, produce reports, diagnosis & repair recommendations
- Overhaul, recondition, repair and/or replace all components of the diesel and natural gas engines. Primarily 500-2000hp CAT engines.
- Research, lookup, and provide parts list for the overhauls
- Perform lockout/tagout, starting/stopping of equipment, and perform equipment checks.
- Apply proper technical skills in inspection, failure analysis, assembly, diagnosis, and operating performance tests
- Tests, calibrates, and completes preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure it is functional for sale.
- Prepares and completes paperwork for all equipment repairs.
- Provide training to employees that need additional technical repair knowledge Comply with all company safety, health and environmental policies to ensure a safe work environment.
- Works in a neat, orderly, and safe manner, constantly seeking to improve methods and promote the safety of others.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of and actively practice and promote safe working activities in accordance with OSHA, EPA and other required regulations dealing with safe operation of all equipment.
- Report all recognized unsafe conditions or acts to Management.
- Wear proper PPE when necessary.
- Will provide and use their own tools that are necessary to complete the job requirements. Necessary tools listed in “Essential Tools” section.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Serves in a lead role to train lower-level Technicians in preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance as well as the proper and safe way to perform all tasks that have risk of accident or injury.
Essential Tools (Technician Owned)
|Mechanics combination wrench set 3/8” to 1” (Metric & SAE)
||Adjustable wrench set
|Mechanics screwdriver set
||Pipe wrench set
|Mechanics pliers set
||Cordless impact drives (3/8”, ½”, ¾”)
||Jumper cables or booster pack
|Mechanics 3/8” drive socket set 3/8” to 1” (Metric & SAE)
|Mechanics ½” dry socket set 3/8” to 1” (Metric & SAE)
|Mechanics ¾” drive socket set 3/8” to 1” (Metric & SAE)
||Manometer & Amp meter
|Allen wrench set up to ½” (Metric & SAE)
- Communication: We encourage open, effective dialogue through the exchange of ideas and solutions at all levels of our company and with our customers.
- Accountability: We are personally accountable for delivering on our commitments.
- Integrity: We believe that to be successful, it is essential to operate at the highest levels of honesty, responsibility, and trust.
- Teamwork: We succeed because we help our co-workers to succeed in a collaborative, supportive, creative, and enjoyable environment.
- Customer Satisfaction: We aim to meet or surpass our customers’ expectations by providing the highest quality products and customer service. Bend over backwards, can-do attitude.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Work Orders: Measured based on the quality of notes taken in and timelessness of work order completion.
- Driving Safety: Measured based on number of accidents reported during business hours and if the employee abides by state traffic laws.
- Technician Error: Measured based on the amount of call backs the company receives after job has been completed.
- General Safety: Measured based on write ups due to not following company safety polices (i.e., wearing proper PPE)
- Payroll: Measured based on the accuracy and timeliness of timesheet completion.
- Billable Utilization: Measured based on the percentage of available hours that employees spend generating revenue for company services.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Graduation from technician/Maintenance training program preferred
Certifications & Licenses
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Minimum 5 years overhauling engines
- Minimum of 1 year as lead technician on rebuilding engines.
- Must have an advanced knowledge of diesel and natural gas engines 100-25000hp
- Minimum of 1 year experience with CAT, Cummins, or MTU engines.
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite Applications
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION