Technician – Level IV – Houston, TX
Level IV Technicians install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain diesel and natural gas generators and engines ranging from 20 kW up to 500 kW. This role is responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and providing quality repairs of electrical generator systems and related engine mechanical failures.
- Perform basic preventivemaintenance and assist others in performing intermediate and advanced corrective maintenance tasks.
- Uses basic knowledge of engine/generator mechanical and electrical operation to perform tasks or assist others.
- Replaces batteries, belts, and hoses; changes and/or tops off oil and filters.
- Properly and completely fills out all service reports, PM checklists and timecards within department guidelines; Ensures they are legible and accurate with sufficient detail for service accounting needs.
- Works on a flexible work schedule and responds to emergency calls as needed.
- Obtains pre-assigned work orders by schedule date, customer name, service level and locate/load parts, check for any special instructions; Travels to job site, performs scope of work, provides detailed computerized template report and timecard upon work assignment completion for daily accountability.
- Proficiently and accurately evaluate, test, diagnose and troubleshoot basic and intermediate problems on gas or diesel engines and generators (out of fuel, dead battery, etc.); Give recommendations for and make associated repairs. Communicate, plan, complete, and document all troubleshooting and repair procedures within standard repair times.
- Performs load bank testing with full understanding of both Reactive/Resistive testing in accordance with applicable NFPAregulations or customer specific request.
- Performs troubleshooting of block heater and battery chargers and replacement if needed.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting and corrective maintenance; and assists or leads others in performing intermediate and advanced troubleshooting and corrective maintenance tasks on engines, generators, and other associated mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Performs control panel conversions, re-tapping generator ends, and isolating/replacing faulty breakers.
- Prepare various reports as directed to maintain accurate records on equipment and preventive maintenance.
- Communicating with customers as necessary regarding the status of their equipment and ensuring strong relationships are maintained.
- Works with Supervisor with technical issues and scheduling.
- Makes recommendations, coordinates with Supervisor, and implements changes to refine the Service team’s efficiency.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of and actively practice and promote safe working activities in accordance with OSHA, EPA and other required regulations dealing with safe operation of all equipment.
- Report all recognized unsafe conditions or acts to Management.
- Wear proper PPE when necessary.
- Will provide and use their own tools that are necessary to complete the job requirements. Necessary tools listed in “Essential Tools” section.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Serves in a lead role to train lower-level technicians in preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance as well as the proper and safe way to perform all tasks that have risk of accident or injury.
Essential Tools (Technician Owned)
|Mechanics combination wrench set 3/8″ to 1″ (Metric & SAE)
||Pipe wrench set
|Mechanics screwdriver set
||Cordless impact drivers (3/8″, 1/2″, 3/4″)
|Mechanics pliers set
||Jumper cables or booster pack
|Mechanics 3/8″ drive socket set 3/8” to 1” (Metric & SAE)
|Mechanics 3/4″ drive socket set 3/8″ to 1″ (Metric & SAE)
|Allen Wrench Set Up to ½” (Metric & SAE)
|Adjustable wrench set
||Phase rotation meter
- Communication: We encourage open, effective dialogue through the exchange of ideas and solutions through all levels of our company and our customers.
- Accountability: We are personally accountable for delivering on our commitments.
- Integrity: We believe that to be successful, it is essential to operate at the highest levels of honesty, responsibility, and trust.
- Teamwork: We succeed because we help our co-workers to succeed in a collaborative, supportive, creative, and enjoyable environment.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Work Orders: Measured based on the quality of notes taken in and timelessness of work order completion.
- Driving Safety: Measured based on number of accidents reported during business hours and if the employee abides by state traffic laws.
- Technician Error: Measured based on the amount of call backs the company receives after job has been completed.
- General Safety: Measured based on write ups due to not following company safety polices (i.e., wearing proper PPE)
- Payroll: Measured based on the accuracy and timeliness of timesheet completion.
- Billable Utilization: Measured based on the percentage of available hours that employees spend generating revenue for company services.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Graduation from Technician/Maintenance training program preferred
Certifications & Licenses
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license
- Minimum 15 years in a related field
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite Applications
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION