Technician – Level II
Level II Technicians install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain diesel and natural gas generators and engines ranging from 20 kW up to 500 kW. This role is responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and providing quality repairs of electrical generator systems and related engine mechanical failures.
- Perform basic preventivemaintenance and assist others in performing intermediate and advanced corrective maintenance tasks.
- Uses basic knowledge of engine/generator mechanical and electrical operation to perform tasks or assist others.
- Replaces batteries, belts, and hoses; changes and/or tops off oil and filters.
- Properly and completely fills out all service reports, PM checklists and timecards within department guidelines; Ensures they are legible and accurate with sufficient detail for service accounting needs.
- Works on a flexible work schedule and responds to emergency calls as needed.
- Obtains pre-assigned work orders by schedule date, customer name, service level and locate / load parts, check for any special instructions; Travels to job site, performs scope of work, provides detailed computerized template report and timecard upon work assignment completion for daily accountability.
- Proficiently and accurately evaluate, test, diagnose and troubleshoot basic and intermediate problems on gas or diesel engines and generators (out of fuel, dead battery, etc.); Give recommendations for and make associated repairs. Communicate, plan, complete, and document all troubleshooting and repair procedures within standard repair times.
- Performs load bank testing with full understanding of both Reactive/Resistive testing.
- Performs block heater installation and installs battery chargers.
- Assist with Level I Technician training and supervision.
- Complete all tasks in a neat, orderly, and safe manner, constantly seeking to improve methods and promote the safety of others.
- Report all recognized unsafe conditions or acts to Management.
- Wear proper PPE when necessary.
- Will provide and use their own tools that are necessary to complete the job requirements. Necessary tools listed in “Essential Tools” section.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Essential Tools (Technician Owned)
|Basic wrenches 3/8″ (Metric & Standard)||Manometer|
|Basic screwdriver set||Fluid pump|
|Basic pliers set||Jumper cables or booster pack|
|Basic Socket Set 3/8” to 1” (Metric & Standard)||Quality Multimeter|
|Allen Wrench Set Up to ½” (Metric & Standard)||Adjustable wrench set|
|3/8″ impact||Amp Meter|
|Temperature Gun||Phase rotation meter|
- Communication: We encourage open, effective dialogue through the exchange of ideas and solutions through all levels of our company and our customers.
- Accountability: We are personally accountable for delivering on our commitments.
- Integrity: We believe that to be successful, it is essential to operate at the highest levels of honesty, responsibility, and trust.
- Teamwork: We succeed because we help our co-workers to succeed in a collaborative, supportive, creative, and enjoyable environment.
- Customer Satisfaction: We aim to meet or surpass our customer’s expectations by providing the highest quality products and customer service. Bend over backwards, can-do attitude
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Work Orders: Measured based on the quality of notes taken in and timelessness of work order completion.
- Driving Safety: Measured based on number of accidents reported during business hours and if the employee abides by state traffic laws.
- Technician Error: Measured based on the amount of call backs the company receives after job has been completed.
- General Safety: Measured based on write ups due to not following company safety polices (i.e., wearing proper PPE)
- Payroll: Measured based on the accuracy and timeliness of timesheet completion.
- Billable Utilization: Measured based on the percentage of available hours that employees spend generating revenue for company services.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Graduation from Technician/Maintenance training program preferred
Certifications & Licenses
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license
- 2-4 years of related experience in related field
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite Applications
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION