Technician – Level I
The Level I Technician will be responsible for performing basic troubleshooting tasks and preventive maintenance of diesel and natural gas generators and engines ranging from 20 kW up to 500kW. The main goal of this position is to give support to higher level technicians.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance and assists other technicians in performing intermediate and advanced corrective maintenance tasks.
- Basic understanding of Direct Current (“DC”) side.
- Basic trailer safety; hitch, load, lights, etc.
- Use basic knowledge of engine/generator mechanical and electrical operation to perform tasks or assist others.
- Replaces batteries, belts, and hoses; changes and/or tops off oil, and filters.
- Properly and completely fills out all service reports, PM checklists, and timecards within department guidelines; Ensures they are legible and accurate with sufficient detail for service accounting needs.
- Works on a flexible work schedule and responds to emergency calls as needed.
- Complete all tasks in a neat, orderly, and safe manner, constantly seeking to improve methods and promote the safety of others.
- Report all recognized unsafe conditions or acts to Management.
- Wear proper PPE when necessary.
- Will provide and use their own tools that are necessary to complete the job requirements. Necessary tools listed in “Essential Tools” section.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
|Basic pliers set
|Basis Socket Set 3/8” to 1” (Metric & Standard)
||Jumper cables or booster pack
|Allen Wrench Set Up to ½” (Metric & Standard)
|Adjustable wrench set
- Communication: We encourage open, effective dialogue through the exchange of ideas and solutions through all levels of our company and our customers.
- Accountability: We are personally accountable for delivering on our commitments.
- Integrity: We believe that to be successful, it is essential to operate at the highest levels of honesty, responsibility, and trust.
- Teamwork: We succeed because we help our co-workers to succeed in a collaborative, supportive, creative, and enjoyable environment.
- Customer Satisfaction: We aim to meet or surpass our customer’s expectations by providing the highest quality products and customer service. Bend over backwards, can-do attitude
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Work Orders: Measured based on the quality of notes taken in and timelessness of work order completion.
- Driving Safety: Measured based on number of accidents reported during business hours and if the employee abides by state traffic laws.
- Technician Error: Measured based on the amount of call backs the company receives after job has been completed.
- General Safety: Measured based on write ups due to not following company safety polices (i.e., wearing proper PPE)
- Payroll: Measured based on the accuracy and timeliness of timesheet completion.
- Billable Utilization: Measured based on the percentage of available hours that employees spend generating revenue for company services.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Graduation from Technician/Maintenance training program preferred
Certifications & Licenses
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license
- One (1) or more years of hands-on experience
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite Applications
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION