Painter – Houston, TX
The responsibility of the Painter is to paint 40’, 30’ and 20’ containers, enclosures, large generator sets and engines to meet industry standards. A Generator Equipment Painter is responsible for preparing and applying paint coatings to generator equipment, ensuring they meet aesthetic and protective standards. This role involves preparing surfaces, selecting appropriate paint materials, and using various application techniques to achieve a high-quality finish. Generator Equipment Painters work in a variety of settings, including manufacturing facilities, construction sites, or maintenance shops. They play a crucial role in maintaining and enhancing the appearance and durability of generator equipment.
- Prepare surfaces for painting by cleaning, sanding, and masking, as necessary.
- Learn and apply various painting techniques, including spray painting, brush painting, and detailing.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized painting bay, including proper storage of painting materials and tools.
- Collaborate with senior painters to achieve high-quality finishes and meet project deadlines.
- Learn to identify and repair surface defects to ensure the final product meets quality standards.
- Help as needed in other areas of shop.
- Applicants need to provide their own air or electrical sander and hand tools.
- Follow safety guidelines and wear appropriate protective gear at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in painting or related field is often preferred.
- Knowledge of painting techniques, materials, and equipment.
- Understanding of safety procedures and guidelines for working with paints and chemicals.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Physical fitness and the ability to work in varying weather conditions.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Communication: We encourage open, effective dialogue through the exchange of ideas and solutions through all levels of our company and our customers.
- Accountability: We are personally accountable for delivering on our commitments.
- Integrity: We believe that to be successful, it is essential to operate at the highest levels of honesty, responsibility, and trust.
- Teamwork: We succeed because we help our co-workers to succeed in a collaborative, supportive, creative, and enjoyable environment.
- Customer Satisfaction: We aim to meet or surpass our customers’ expectations by providing the highest quality products and customer service. Bend over backwards, can-do attitude
Key Performance Kindicators (KPI)
- Painting Quality: Percentage of generators with an acceptable paint finish. Number of rework or touch-up requests from quality inspections.
- Productivity: Number of generators painted per day or week. Average time taken to paint a generator.
- Safety Performance: Number of safety incidents or accidents related to painting tasks. Adherence to safety procedures and guidelines.
- Material Usage: Paint consumption per generator. Inventory control to minimize wastage and overordering of paint and supplies.
- Cost Control: Cost per generator for painting materials and labor. Cost savings through efficient material usage and processes.
- Customer Satisfaction: Feedback from internal or external customers regarding the quality and appearance of painted generators.
- Environmental Compliance: Compliance with environmental regulations related to the use and disposal of paint and related materials.
- Equipment Maintenance: Downtime due to equipment maintenance or breakdowns. Regularity of equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Time Management: Adherence to project deadlines and schedules. Minimization of delays in the painting process.
- Training and Certification: Completion of relevant training and certifications. Continued education and skill development.
- Team Collaboration: Feedback from colleagues and supervisors regarding teamwork and communication.
- Documentation Accuracy: Accuracy and completeness of records related to paint usage, color formulas, and equipment maintenance.
- Waste Reduction: Efforts to minimize waste, such as unused paint or disposable materials, and reduce the environmental impact of the painting process.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Certifications & Licenses
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license
- One (1) or more years of hands-on experience
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite Applications
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION