Mechanically Inclined Shop Hand/Helper – Houston, TX
A Mechanically Inclined Shop Hand/Helper provides crucial support in a mechanical or industrial workshop. They assist mechanics and technicians in various tasks related to equipment maintenance, repair, and installation. This role plays an essential part in ensuring the smooth operation of machinery and equipment.
- Assist mechanics in assembling, disassembling, and repairing mechanical components, such as engines, motors, radiators, and gear systems.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, including lubrication, cleaning, and inspection of machinery and equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues and assist in diagnosing problems to determine appropriate solutions.
- Operate hand and power tools to assist in mechanical repairs and adjustments.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace, ensuring tools and equipment are properly stored.
- Collaborate with team members to complete projects efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Forklift operation knowledge helpful but not required.
- Help as needed in other areas of shop.
- Applicant will need to provide their own tools, drills, hand tools, impacts, etc.
- Learn and apply basic mechanical principles to understand the functioning of different machinery and systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude and an interest in machinery and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of tools commonly used in mechanical work.
- Physical fitness and the ability to lift, carry, and handle heavy materials and equipment.
- Strong attention to safety and detail.
- Willingness to learn and follow instructions.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Communication: We encourage open, effective dialogue through the exchange of ideas and solutions through all levels of our company and our customers.
- Accountability: We are personally accountable for delivering on our commitments.
- Integrity: We believe that to be successful, it is essential to operate at the highest levels of honesty, responsibility, and trust.
- Teamwork: We succeed because we help our co-workers to succeed in a collaborative, supportive, creative, and enjoyable environment.
- Customer Satisfaction: We aim to meet or surpass our customers’ expectations by providing the highest quality products and customer service. Bend over backwards, can-do attitude
Key Performance Kindicators (KPI)
- Equipment Maintenance Efficiency: Number of maintenance tasks completed within a specified time frame.
- Tool and Equipment Handling: Percentage of tools and equipment that are well-maintained and organized.
- Safety Compliance: Number of safety incidents or accidents related to shop activities. Adherence to safety guidelines and proper use of PPE.
- Productivity: Number of equipment assemblies, disassemblies, or maintenance tasks completed.
- Work Area Cleanliness: Frequency of shop area cleaning and organization. Number of instances of waste disposal compliance.
- Quality Control Support: Percentage of tasks completed accurately and to quality standards. Number of defects or issues reported and addressed.
- Training and Development: Participation in relevant training or skill development programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Certifications & Licenses
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license
- One (1) or more years of hands-on experience
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite Applications
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION