Electrical & Instrumentation Technician – Houston, TX
The Electrical & Instrumentation Technician’s work involves running control wires on generator sets, 4/0 power cables from generator ends to breakers, lighting wire, conduit, and junction boxes. The understanding of 0-5v, 4-20mA, and dry contact signals is preferred. We encourage the use of stop work authority. Safety is our top priority.
- Runs conduit, pulls wire, wire lighting systems.
- Understand the basic engine and generator control functions to wire into a controller, e.g. mag pickups, CT’s, PT’s, start relays, etc.
- Running and wiring up of 24v battery systems to multiple starters.
- Cutting, splicing, and crimping of lugs onto cable up to 4/0 in size.
- Preferred to have the ability to read electrical diagrams and other complex electrical drawings; interpret electrical diagrams. Updates electrical drawings
- Preferred to have a basic understanding of the common signals, 0-5v, 0-10v, 4-20mA, and dry contacts.
- Understand how to utilize a multimeter for voltage, continuity, resistance, and amperage.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of and actively practice and promote safe working activities in accordance with OSHA, EPA and other required regulations dealing with safe operation of all equipment.
- Report all recognized unsafe conditions or acts to Management.
- Wear proper PPE when necessary.
- Will provide and use their own tools that are necessary to complete the job requirements. Necessary tools listed in “Essential Tools” section.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Wear proper PPE when necessary.
Essential Tools (Technician Owned)
|Mechanics combination wrench set 3/8″ to 1″ (Metric & SAE)
||Pipe wrench set
|Mechanics screwdriver set & Mechanics pliers set
||Cordless impact drivers (3/8″, 1/2″, 3/4″)
||Jumper cables or booster pack
|Mechanics 3/8″ drive socket set 3/8” to 1” (Metric & SAE)
|Mechanics 1/2″ drive socket set 3/8” to 1” (Metric & SAE)
|Mechanics 3/4″ drive socket set 3/8″ to 1″ (Metric & SAE)
|Allen Wrench Set Up to ½” (Metric & SAE)
|Adjustable wrench set
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Work Orders: Measured based on the quality of notes taken in and timelessness of work order completion.
- Driving Safety: Measured based on number of accidents reported during business hours and if the employee abides by state traffic laws.
- Technician Error: Measured based on the amount of call backs the company receives after job has been completed.
- General Safety: Measured based on write ups due to not following company safety polices (i.e., wearing proper PPE)
- Payroll: Measured based on the accuracy and timeliness of timesheet completion.
- Billable Utilization: Measured based on the percentage of available hours that employees spend generating revenue for company services.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Graduation from technician/Maintenance training program preferred
Certifications & Licenses
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- No previous experience required, but must be very teachable and a quick learner.
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite Applications
- Communication: We encourage open, effective dialogue through the exchange of ideas and solutions at all levels of our company and with our customers.
- Accountability: We are personally accountable for delivering on our commitments.
- Integrity: We believe that to be successful, it is essential to operate at the highest levels of honesty, responsibility, and trust.
- Teamwork: We succeed because we help our co-workers to succeed in a collaborative, supportive, creative, and enjoyable environment.
- Customer Satisfaction: We aim to meet or surpass our customers’ expectations by providing the highest quality products and customer service. Bend over backwards, can-do attitude
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION