Generator Technician Rental Equipment
Rental Technicians responsibilities include, but is not limited to, perform mechanical services and maintenance on rental equipment, both new and used, for the Rental Department; at Job sites or in the warehouse This includes the installation and operation of generators, power distribution equipment and on site project labor. Power generation equipment (diesel and natural gas) ranges from 20 kW up to 2500 kW. Manufacturers included Caterpillar, Multiquip, HiPower, Kohler, Cummins, Generac, Olympian, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Be capable to repair and operate and load test all equipment. Includes, but not limited to: Diesel and natural gas generators with associated cable and power distribution equipment.
- Perform on-site project; electrical, generator, power distribution, operation, and problem resolution.
- Possess an appropriate set of tools to perform duties proficiently.
- Maintain equipment, process equipment condition reports, bills of lading, time logs, and other documents in a timely manner. Ensures they are legible and accurate with sufficient detail for accounting needs
- Safely operate a variety of equipment, including forklift and service vehicles.
- Works on a flexible work schedule 24x7x365 and responds to emergency calls as needed
- Provide on call technical support to associates and customers.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by understanding the customers’ needs and time constraints and attempting to complete scheduled repairs and service safely and within those constraints while providing superior quality to meet and/or exceed the customer’s needs.
- Travel and perform equipment maintenance and repair at customer sites as required.
- Adhere to manager’s and lead technician’s directions regarding all repairs and service calls
- Properly tag all equipment prior to placing in the ready line
- Transport Generators and associated to and from rental locations as requested.
- Sets up, starts and operates equipment as directed both in-house and at customer locations
- Prepare various reports as directed to maintain accurate records on equipment and preventive maintenance
- Comply with all company safety, health and environmental policies to ensure a safe work environment.
- Works in a neat, orderly, and safe manner, constantly seeking to improve methods and promote the safety of others
- Attends training sessions as required
Education & Experience
- Minimum two (2) years mechanical experience with heavy equipment preferably with a rental company or manufacturer and/or in a position with a working knowledge of diesel, and/or natural gas, generators, electronic/electrical systems, etc.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent years of relevant experience and/or training
- Graduation from Technician/Maintenance training program preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Person must be reliable, able to pass a drug test, have a valid Texas driver license and good driving record
- Demonstrated technical, mechanical, and troubleshooting abilities to define and perform maintenance and repairs to power generation equipment
- Demonstrated detailed advanced knowledge of diesel and/or natural gas engines, drive power generation equipment and associated control panels, circuits and switch gear
- Must be able to handle high pressure circumstances
- Must demonstrate ability to read, write and communicate orally in English
- Must be a self-starter, willing to listen, learn and work with others, and possess a teamwork philosophy
Typical Schedule: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Mon-Fri; after hours and weekend response on an “as needed” basis.
Compensation: $17.00 – $22.00/hour (overtime eligible)
Competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Vacation & Sick time, Holidays
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION