The Forklift Operator is responsible for safely and efficiently operating a forklift to move, stack, load, and unload materials within a warehouse or distribution center. They play a crucial role in maintaining a smooth and organized flow of goods, ensuring that products are handled with care and precision while adhering to safety protocols and guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate Forklift: Safely operate various types of forklifts, such as counterbalance, reach trucks, and pallet jacks, following standard operating procedures and safety guidelines.
- Material Handling: Load, unload, move, stack, and organize materials, products, and pallets within the warehouse or distribution area as per assigned tasks.
- Inventory Management: Assist in inventory management by accurately recording movement of goods, updating inventory systems, and identifying discrepancies or damaged products.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to all safety protocols, including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), following speed limits, and using horn signals to alert others in the vicinity.
- Equipment Maintenance: Conduct routine checks on the forklift, such as inspecting brakes, tires, and hydraulic systems, and report any issues to the maintenance team.
- Loading and Unloading: Efficiently load and unload trucks, ensuring that products are properly secured, and weight distribution is balanced to prevent accidents or damage.
- Documentation: Complete necessary documentation and paperwork related to material movement, inspections, and inventory counts.
- Communication: Maintain clear communication with warehouse team members and supervisors to coordinate tasks, resolve issues, and ensure the timely movement of goods.
- Housekeeping: Keep the work area clean and organized, removing obstacles and debris to prevent accidents and ensure a safe working environment.
- Emergency Response: Respond appropriately to emergency situations, following established procedures for evacuations, spills, or accidents involving the forklift.
- Provides support to several departments, including but not limited to Shared Services, Parts, Warehouse and Service.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Communication: We encourage open, effective dialogue through the exchange of ideas and solutions through all levels of our company and our customers.
Accountability: We are personally accountable for delivering on our commitments.
Integrity: We believe that to be successful, it is essential to operate at the highest levels of honesty, responsibility, and trust.
Teamwork: We succeed because we help our co-workers to succeed in a collaborative, supportive, creative, and enjoyable environment.
Key Performance Indicators
Safety: Measured based on the number of incidents that have occurred on the job. This includes but is not limited to wearing the proper PPE.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certifications & Licenses
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Valid forklift operator certification/license
- 3-5 years of experience in a related field
- Proven experience as a forklift operator, preferably in a warehouse
- Strong understanding of safety procedures and regulations related to forklift operations
- Ability to handle various types of materials and products with care and precision
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management
- Detail Orientation
- Computer literacy
- Communication skills
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION