Fabricator’s Shop Hand/Helper – Houston, TX
A Fabricator Shop Hand or Helper plays a crucial role in supporting fabricators and welders in a workshop or manufacturing environment. They assist in various tasks related to metal fabrication, such as cutting, grinding, assembling, and handling materials. This role is essential for maintaining a safe and efficient workplace while producing quality products.
- Assist fabricators in measuring, cutting, and shaping metal components using tools such as saws, grinders, and shears.
- Support welding activities by preparing metal surfaces, positioning and clamping workpieces, and operating welding equipment.
- Maintain equipment in good working condition by cleaning and performing basic maintenance tasks.
- Organize and manage inventory of metal materials, ensuring an adequate supply for ongoing projects.
- Collaborate with the team to interpret and understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Learn and apply various welding techniques, such as MIG, TIG, and arc welding.
- Forklift operation knowledge helpful but not required.
- Help as needed in other areas of shop.
- Applicant will need to provide their own tools, drills, hand tools, impacts, etc.
- Follow safety protocols, including proper handling of sharp tools, welding equipment, and hazardous materials.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of tools and equipment commonly used in metal fabrication.
- Physical fitness and the ability to lift, carry, and handle heavy materials and equipment.
- Strong attention to safety and detail.
- Willingness to learn and follow instructions.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Communication: We encourage open, effective dialogue through the exchange of ideas and solutions through all levels of our company and our customers.
- Accountability: We are personally accountable for delivering on our commitments.
- Integrity: We believe that to be successful, it is essential to operate at the highest levels of honesty, responsibility, and trust.
- Teamwork: We succeed because we help our co-workers to succeed in a collaborative, supportive, creative, and enjoyable environment.
- Customer Satisfaction: We aim to meet or surpass our customers’ expectations by providing the highest quality products and customer service. Bend over backwards, can-do attitude
Key Performance Kindicators (KPI)
- Material Handling Efficiency: Number of materials handled per hour or day.
- Tool Maintenance and Organization: Percentage of tools and equipment properly maintained and organized.
- Safety Compliance: Number of safety incidents or accidents related to shop activities. Adherence to safety guidelines and proper use of PPE.
- Productivity: Number of components or products assembled or prepared in a given time frame.
- Work Area Cleanliness: Frequency of shop area cleaning and organization. Number of instances of waste disposal compliance.
- Quality Control Support: Percentage of quality checks completed accurately. Number of defects or issues reported and addressed.
- Training and Development: Participation in relevant training or skill development programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Certifications & Licenses
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license
- One (1) or more years of hands-on experience
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite Applications
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION