Engine Rebuild Technician
Worldwide Power Products is looking for a responsible, qualified and motivated technician with ability to diagnose, disassemble and assemble, overhaul, repair, and rebuild diesel and natural gas engines (CAT Series of engines such as 3100, 3200, 3300, 3400, 3500, C models all)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete all aspects of specific related work without direct supervision, including gas/engine/compressor overhaul, problem diagnosis, electronic controls and instrumentation.
- Inspect engines, compressors and mechanical equipment: diagnose problems and determine extent of necessary repairs; supervise and schedule repairs and routine preventative maintenance.
- Overhaul, recondition, repair and/or replace all components of the diesel and natural gas engines, compressors, pumps, turbines and motors.
- Perform lockout/tagout, starting/stopping of equipment, and perform equipment checks.
- Apply proper technical skills in inspection, failure analysis, assembly, diagnosis, and operating performance tests
- Tests, calibrates, and completes preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure it is functional for sale.
- Prepares and completes paperwork for all equipment repairs.
- Provide training to employees that need additional technical repair knowledge Comply with all company safety, health and environmental policies to ensure a safe work environment.
- Works in a neat, orderly, and safe manner, constantly seeking to improve methods and promote the safety of others
- Attends training sessions as required
Education & Experience
- Minimum Five (5) years of experience in diesel and natural gas engine rebuilds/overhauls
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent years of relevant experience and/or training
- CAT or other OEM Certifications a major plus
- Person must be reliable, able to pass a drug test, have a valid Texas driver license and good driving record
- Have own tools or toolbox
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have an advanced knowledge of diesel and gas drive power generation equipment.
- Ability to use hand tools, electric tools, machine tools, overhead hoists, slings and chains, electrical testing equipment, hydraulic test equipment and numerous other specialized testing and adjusting equipment.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read and understand parts books, service manuals and electrical/hydraulic schematics.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to push/pull 100 pounds occasionally.
- May require travel, overtime and weekend work
- Ability to utilize proper bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing, dismounting and threepoints of contact techniques.
Typical Schedule: 7:00am – 4:00pm, MonFri; after hours and weekend response on an “as needed” basis.
Compensation: $25.00 to $35.00/hour (overtime eligible)
Competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Vacation & Sick time, Holidays
Required experience: Diesel and natural gas engine rebuilds/overhauls, 5 years
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION