Position Title: Assistant Controller
Reports To: SR. CONTROLLER / CFO
The Assistant Controller is to assist the Senior Controller and Accounting Team with various tasks. These tasks include preparing financial statements, bank reconciliation, journal entries, overseeing payroll processes and tracking information pertaining to company assets and income.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Controller in directing and coordinating the work of the Accounting Department
- Plans, categorizes and manages all activities of the general accounting function to ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting of all financial results for the organization
- Maintains global company system of accounts and maintains records of all company transactions and assets.
- Prepare financial statements, including monthly journal entry preparation or analysis, bank reconciliation review, fixed asset detail maintenance, inventory costing and adjustments, and review of unusual transactions; works closely with external auditors at year-end
- Prepares actual vs. budget variance analyses on a monthly and year-to-date basis
- Manages all activities of the billing process to ensure the accurate and timely processing and invoicing of business functions
- Manages all activities of the accounts payable function to ensure accurate processing of vendor invoices
- Supervise the payroll process
- Work with controller to safeguard and account for inventories, including WIP inventory costs
- Preliminary responsible for payroll, sales, property and income tax filings
- Receives and resolves problems from all Managers regarding monthly financial results
- Deal with bank on revolving line of credit and reconciling bank statement
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly bank compliance
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- All work to be performed with the objective of moving into the Controller position
- Happy to commute to our office in Northwest Houston at 5711 Brittmoore Rd., Houston, Texas 77041
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) with emphasis in Accounting or related from a four-year college or university preferred
- 5 – 8 years progressively responsible experience in accounting
- CPA license a plus, except where exceptional accounting experience is present
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with QuickBooks is required, Salesforce experience is a plus
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of federal and state regulations, finance, accounting, budgeting, cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and auditing and regulatory reporting
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and multitask, while maintaining superior attention to detail and accuracy, to meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
Schedule: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Mon-Fri
Compensation: Annual Salary $70,000 – $80,000
Competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD & LTD, 401k, Vacation & Sick time, Holidays
Worldwide Power Products Core Values
Customer Satisfaction – we aim to meet or surpass our customer’s expectations by providing the highest quality products and customer service
Accountability – we are personally accountable for delivering on our commitments
Communication – we encourage open, effective dialogue through the exchange of sharing of ideas and solutions through all levels of our company and our customers. We require that all such communication be timely, frequent, specific, and solution oriented.
Integrity – we believe that to be successful, it is essential to operate at the highest levels of honesty, responsibility, and trust.
Teamwork – we succeed because we help our co-workers to succeed in a collaborative, supportive, creative, and enjoyable environment.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION