POWERTRON QUICK CONNECT/TAP BOX
With a quick-connect box, powering your business with a portable generator becomes a fast and simple task, even in the event of an emergency. Don’t wait until disaster strikes to install one at each of your locations.
Prices as low as $2299
When a permanent generator is not an option due to the many costs associated with owning a generator but you need to be prepared for power outages, the Powertron ® Tap Box is an economical solution. The Powertron ® Tap Box makes your facility “emergency power ready” , avoiding the costly and time-consuming process of connecting temporary power.
- Allows you to predetermine load requirements, generator sizing, cable lengths & location for the temporary generator, minimizing customer and employee disruptions.
- Establish a quick method of connecting power.
- Security is not compromised with exposed cable connections running down hallways and through doorways
Features of the Powertron® Tap Box:
- A custom designed, NEMA 3R weather tight enclosure
- An upper lockable door for the hardwiring connections
- A GFI outlet to power the block heater and battery charger for quick and reliable cold weather operation
- Start/stop terminals allowing for automatic operation when used with an automatic transfer switch
- Weather shield provides additional protection against inclement weather conditions while connected to the generator
- Industry Standard Power Connectors
Powertron® 400 & 400UL:
- Available in 208, 240 or 480 Volt Three Phase Rated for 400 Amps.
- 400: 24″ High x 24″ Wide x 12″ Deep, Steel Enclosure
- 400UL: 30″ High x 30″ Wide x 12″ Deep, Aluminium Enclosure
- Available in 208, 240 or 480 Volt Three Phase Rated for 800 Amps.
- 30″ High x 24″ Wide x 12″ Deep, Steel Enclosure
Powertron® 1200 & 1600:
- Available in 208, 240 or 480 Volt Three Phase Rated for 1200 or 1600 Amps.
- 56″ High x 29″ Wide x 30″ Deep, Steel Enclosure
Generator vs. Tap Box Cost
|Permanant||Emergency Response||Tap Box|
|Purchase (not including installation)||$50,000||0||as low as $2299*|
|Annual fuel cost for weekly exercising||$500||0||0|
|Emergency response electrician cost to tie in temporary power||0||$3000-4500
|Power up time **||‘<‘ 10 Seconds||3-4 hours +||10 minutes|
** Installation will fluctuate based on the proximity of the tap box to electrical panel. Install estimates include transfer switch, labor and miscellaneous material. Copper wire,conduit,and labor rate may affect estimates.